Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Perfect Day (Sing it with me... nothin's standin in my way!)

Today has been the perf day. And when I say perf I mean perfect. We have church at 8:20. That's not the perf part. That actually stinks. BUT, it does mean that we get to come home and get back into pajamas by 11:30. Except today we had to go to tithing settlement at 1:20, so we all just stayed in our churchy church clothes and watched the tube until then. When we got back, we all hurried to get in our jammies and then my roommates moved their big mattresses downstairs to the living room. We watched the Wedding Planner (well part of it before falling asleep) and had apartment nap time. For about four hours. It was the best day ever. We woke up at like 5:40 when it was already dark. And we haven't really moved much since then. Except to get up to get food.

It's also perfect because I'm going home tomorrow morning for THANKSGIVING! YAHOO!!!! I'm super duper excited. I'm even just skipping all of my classes because I want to get home!

Yesterday, Makayla and I went to our friend's apartment for a little partay. We fingerpainted. Obviously, Mak and I painted a Christmas tree. It's now hanging on our wall. It was fun to act like first graders. (Outside of the first grader classroom.)

Today in sacrament meeting, a girl sang Come Thou  Fount for the musical number. That song has always been one of my favorites. I love it so much. As soon as she started singing, I knew I was in trouble because I remember my cousin singing it at my grandma's funeral. And the girl sang it so beautifully, and even she started crying. I had tears streaming down my face.

"O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee:
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it;
Seal it for Thy courts above."

No comments:

Post a Comment