In the meantime, I just felt like exclaiming my excitement that school is almost out for the summer!! I just have two "finals" on Friday morning (but really it's just an in-class essay and a lil powerpoint presentation) and then I'm hitting the road once again to spend the next 5 months in the sweet, sweet land of Kuna! So crazy to think that this semester is pretty much over. It flew by!
So, as I think back on it, here are a few reasons why this semester has ROCKED:
- AWESOME roommates. Our apartment is designed to have six girls in it, but we only had four in ours'. It was great. It was quiet and clean and fun. I lived with Emily and Melissa in the fall too, but I fell like I got a lot closer with them this semester. I had so much fun hanging out with them. Especially on Tuesday nights. Can you say, Dance Moms? Okay... so now I just made us sound a little loser-ish, but really that show is the best. I've never been one to religiously watch a series every week, but my roommates and I got hooked on this show and had to watch it together every Tuesday night. I can't believe it's over and I have to wait until June to find out what's happenin with Abby Lee Miller!
- Homework can be fun? I kind of decided to take a lot of the easy classes then needed to get done this semester. I mean... Children's Literature? We had to read 60 children's books throughout the semester. Oh children's books. I love children's books. Shel Silverstein, Katherine Patterson, Beverly Cleary, Sharon Creech, Dr. Seuss, Roald Dahl, Jerry Spinelli, so many more. Love them all and was happy to call reading their books homework! Also... Art Methods for the Elementary Teacher? Fingerpainting, watercolors, paper mache masks? Yeah. Even though I am not artsy fartsy at all, it rocked. I would gladly color a bad picture of an elephant and call it homework! I also had an amazing religion class this semester... Teachings of the Living Prophets. The majority of the assignments for that class involved studying recent conference addresses. It was great! I learned so much and my testimony sure was strengthened. HERE is the link to my final project for that class.
- Oh the Rexburg Temple! It is such a beautiful place! I've been told that the Rexburg temple was built for the students here. And I believe it. They make it so easy for us, anyone with a recommend can walk in during the day and do proxy baptisms and confirmations without an appointment. I love being able to just find a time that works for me and just take a little time out of my day to go to the temple. I've also come to really love the temple workers there. They're all so sweet and happy to be there! I also recently really got into doing family history. I kind of became addicted to Family Search and loved being able to take family names to the temple with me and be baptized for them. It was kind of one the best feelings I've ever experienced.
- And.. THE CRUISE! I got back to Rexburg on Monday morning from one of the best weeks ever... a week in the Caribbean with the best family ever! It gave me something to look forward to all semester long. Whenever I thought I was going to freeze to death in this windy tundra called Rexburg, I'd remind myself that I'd soon be cruisin in the Bahamas. It worked... and it was such a wonderful week! It made for a real stressful week beforehand, but it was so worth it!
And now for a few reasons that I'm excited to be back in the good ole Boise area:
- Ummm... HOME. That's about enough said. I just love being home.
- Mommy and Daddy and Pookie. Again, enough said. I just love them and am so excited to spend more time with them!
- Kassie and Kyle in Boise! What what!! They're living in Boise for the summer and I am so excited to get to spend time with my best friend again! Before the cruise, I hadn't seen Kassie since Thanksgiving! Ridic! So... it's time to make up for lost time!
- Rafting/Kayaking... whoop whoop!! My favorite thing ever... oh how I've missed it and can't wait to spend so much time on the river all summer long!
- Four-wheeling! I kind of fell in love with this last summer. I love going four-wheeling and exploring the mountains with my dad.
- FOOOOOOD. Yeah. The only thing I have in my fridge is a few more sticks of string cheese. I can't wait to be home where we always have food in the pantry and some delicious home-cooked meals.
- And last of all... free time. I'm really looking forward to just being able to sit and relax without feeling like I should be doing something. Uhm.. yeah... sitting in front of the T.V. watching Disney Channel, White Collar, NCIS, and Burn Notice. My favorite things! And also... I know I had to take a lot of time to read great books throughout the semester, but I'm excited to have time to do nothing but read books I love. I haven't quite got my summer reading list yet, but I'm sensing some MoFicLit. And finishing the Hunger Games Trilogy.
YAY! I CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY TO GET HERE ALREADY!!!!!
Juju, I just love you and your awesome way of telling stories. I, too, am so excited to get to do things with you! Can you say "PARTAY!" Yay!
ReplyDelete